Capital Campaign Assistance
- Provide leadership that Tribes need to manage a successful capital campaign
- Hire & Manage grant writing consultant & deliverables. Ensuring grant completeness & deadlines are met.
- Actively partner with Tribes to pursue multiple avenues of capital fundraising – including federal, state, tribal grant & loan opportunities
Site Analysis & Selection
- Review multiple site options for proposed projects
- Work with BIA & Tribal Land Departments to understand land ownership, cultural surveys, trust vs fee status, etc.
- Coordinate an up-to-date survey and legal description of proposed sites
- Coordinate required geo-technical investigations
- Provide master planning services to Tribes to help plan future developments, improve existing ones or update an existing master plan on file
- Work with Tribes to understand the functional needs of a building project so that a space program can be developed.
- Understanding total square footage of a project.
- Understanding some of the detailed concepts related to individual space program areas and the unique needs that sometimes arise.
- Establish an overall project budget that is realistic, not just a construction budget. Helping Tribes understand the total capital expenditures that a project may entail.
- Provide the leadership that Tribes need to get a project off the ground
- Assist in R.F.P., interviews and contracting of Tribal consultants or contractors
- Assist Tribes in assembling a Team that meets the needs of the project
- Manage Tribal consultants & vendors during entire project process
- Review contractor/vendor documentation during construction, especially periodic pay applications and applications for final payment
- Provide a single-point of responsibility & reporting to Tribes
- Provide periodic site visits during construction of Tribal building projects
- Visit current facilities and provide a report / assessment stating the current status. Consider life safety, space needs, current codes, ADA, etc.
- Meet with AHJ to understand ownership, codes or other concerns they may have with Tribal Facilities
- Assist Tribes in procuring a contractor or a Construction Manager (CM).
- Write the RFP, assist in the interview and review contracts.
Plan Review & Code Interpretation Assistance
- Review architectural plans & construction documents as an outside reviewer
- Return a report upon review with comments for Tribal consultants to either respond or make changes
- Help Tribes manage a code interpretation by an AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) such as the BIA – by being an advocate for the Tribe.
Corporate Client Representation
- Sign a recurring agreement with a Tribe or Tribal client that FADS would assist in all of the above services or specific area for a retainer fee
- Services could be tailored to fit each specific Tribe or Tribal business
- Be an advocate with professional experience to provide support to Tribes who are trying to make a project a reality
- Advocate & administer a proprietary program called “Tread Lightly”, an alternative to LEED for Tribal clients that allows them to self-certify their “green-ness” and save money